PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 05:19
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Clipped Cub

Instead of pointing out what's wrong with my statements, you suggest google and then ask if I am a pilot.

Are you one? Really?

What is Leeward doing about his trim entering turns? Is he working it less Nose Down? Needing Pitch Up in the turn, he doesn't want trim Down, does he?

If he's leaving the tab up through the turn, using leverage at the stick to overcome it, for lack of time to neutral the Tab, his Nose up will greatly increase the Tab's exposure and angle to the slipstream. This greatly exaggerates the stress on the Tab. If it is at this point the Tab breaks, The Pitch Up will be disastrous, as per VooDoo.

Since the snap left was the first noticeable part of the Upset, It is reasonable to assume that this is where the Tab released its mounting.

I'm a humble Commercial Pilot, retired, without your degrees, but I venture to say I have a bit more courtesy than you.

What are your thoughts re: trim? Need a picture?

westhawk. The turn did tighten, and that may have been what caused the unwanted roll. In a steep turn, a Pitch up increases Roll into the turn. Left, in this case.

Last edited by Lyman; 6th Oct 2011 at 05:31.