PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSA Overtime at PC
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 21:17
Rocket_Science

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fanatical worship of the early go - will be their undoing.
Exactly the problem but, the excuse you'll hear is "ATCOs get them". The point they miss is ATCOs are not staring down the barrel of redundancy and, in my mind, compulsory redundancy. Current PCS policy seems to be not to increase the membership, so that jobs will only be lost through natural wastage / voluntary means. WTF! Secure new jobs. Look at current jobs we could be doing and doing a lot cheaper than others. Yes, this may mean treading on a few Prospect toes, but do we not want a secure income through to retirement for ourselves?

why should I worry if the training gets done or not
If I was at your stage in my career, I wouldn't worry at all. But with many years left to run before I get to the sanctuary of retirement I feel there is a need to be a bit more pro-active in securing our collective futures. Being professional and being seen as professionals is the first step in that process. When it comes to new posts being developed, management will have to consider the merits of having a motivated and professionally minded ATSA rather than take another highly paid and skilled ATCO out of the operation.

Out of interest will you be putting yourself forward as a union rep RS, next time the ballots do the rounds on the unit?
Sigh!!! I have thought about it...hard, but I am just not what you would call "union material".