PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL at 40 ?
Thread: CPL at 40 ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 21:00
blackhawk777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Experience :

April 2011 Spicejet 737 Type Rated Interview (Word to Word)

Panel ---> 2 Chief Pilots
Candidate ---> Female Candidate (Had abt 300 hrs on King Air)

Panel : "What's your age" ???
Candidate : "42".
Panel : After much hesitation "Mam, we think you are over qualified. We are looking for people with much less experience. Thank You !!! "

When a airline hires a fresher the thing they are looking forward is that one day the fresher can take up the left seat !!! There are incidents where people have had influence and have paid money and etc etc., but the fact is when they take in a candidate and spend money and time on him/her they expect the candidate to be with them and command one of their airplanes in future.

I really don't know how they determine the age which would be good enough for the selected candidate on which they spend time and money from whom the company extract whatever value they want to. But I think 32 - 35 is the bar where most airlines draw a line.

My suggestion would be... Go ahead and fly. Get your initial lic so that you can fly whenever you want in India with any of the flying clubs.
Apart from that you can also pursue hobby like Aeromodelling, which trust me would at least give you a KICK, if not get you HIGH !!!!