PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decline in Pilot Salaries Survey
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 19:21
74world

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool .

Guys, the bottom line is not really how much you make, but where do you want to live and how much is your "Quality of Life" worth?
Either you accept it or not, OZ and NZ are the BEST countries to live in !
Sure the airlines in the Middle East are paying a good salary and providing all sorts of free bits like accommodation but why? Because they have to, if not, only guys from 3rd world countries would see the move there as a step forward...... in exchange you must be prepared to be away from HOME (your own country), family, friends etc.....in other words live in a golden jail !

Asia isn't better, the money is liveable, but no "FREE BITS". Except in Singapore but Singapore Airlines is the only airline providing an accommodation allowance. Of course not enough to rent a NICE 3 bedrooms apartment but at least it's something.

IN THE WEEDS: are you sure that a VB Capt make $250K? a mate in VB based in BNE as a 73 CAPT told me that his last salary was $201K GROSS so about $135K NET/year. Not bad at all if you ask me don't you agree????

Apart from Doctors, Lawyers and CEOs, do you know many people making $135K NET/year in BNE ? I'm sure you would agree that it is a bloody good salary and that's WITHOUT having to live in a ****ty country in the Middle East or Asia.

Food for thoughts

Last edited by 74world; 7th Oct 2011 at 00:25.