PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL at 40 ?
Thread: CPL at 40 ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 17:26
niksmathew24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go Ahead!

Its completely up to you mate. As long as you can perform well in your exams get your things done in time there is absolutely no problem in acquiring a CPL. The schools you've mentioned are top in their category in India. As I am not an alumni of any of those, and since there are so many rivalries and debates among them, I would prefer not to comment on which one is better.

But when it comes to the job scenario, you'll be along side teenagers and most likely 22 yrs olds. Jobs are really hard to get and its a man-eat-man scenario out there. There is still hope if you can work your way up some instructing/charter and all sorts of GA gigs. Getting TR'ed may not help now-a-days as there are surplus in that genre. When it comes to Airlines, they do the recruitment their style and I honestly don't think your age influences that decision much.

Contacts do work a lot here. So make sure you keep all your cards at reach, if you got any!

Last and final, getting a CPL is going to make a big hole in your pocket. So I would not suggest you spend all your savings on it/take a big financial risk.
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

My 2 cents.