PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA in trouble?
Thread: AA in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 15:53
pieceofcake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@mullinax -
What kind of answer is that?

All you do is give a list of the basic requirements in order to do the job – and I already said it’s fair to be compensated for.

But there isn’t an industry more blighted by its disruptive work force. In the end if the skill set was in such demand then the market would re-adjust and you’d not be needing to fight for the pay – you’d get it anyway. That’s how free markets work, a principle at the heart of the USA?

Why talk about wanting to be an airline pilot or otherwise? Whats that got to do with anything? I fly for fun now having been a pilot previously.

I didn’t want to fly airlines because that type of flying doesn’t interest me.

All that aside it doesn’t stop me from having a view. And nothing you’ve said seems to counter the issues at many of todays airlines. Worse than that the attitude stinks. Its very selfish and frankly ridiculous for anyone – pilot or otherwise – who gets paid $250K per year however earned to potentially bankrupt a business in protest. The easy answer is to leave.

As for the Hudson. I know many people who have done much more in an aircraft and sacrificed much more for much less – as I suspect many others here have.