PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confession time - Who has had a prang?!
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 12:11
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Confession time - Who has had a prang?!

Hello Everyone,

Been thinking that, since my prang after 29 hours, there must be others out there who have had the misfortune to prang an aircraft; and wondered if anyone wanted to admit it.....??

Ok, as a starter, heres mine. I had just completed my second solo trip of three circuits, all good and my full stop was a good 'un too. Until...my landing roll (if that is the correct terminology) was maybe a little fast. The aircraft started to yaw to the right and my brain went completely blank, I could not remember which rudder I needed. Logic told me that it was the right rudder, so I put on full right boot...errr, wrong!! Ended up curving round and off the runway onto the grass, narrowly avoiding hitting the runway lights, buckled the nosewheel and bent the oleo. the aircraft had to be towed back to the hangar by our Engineer member who was dragged in on his Good Friday off . The incident was also mentioned in teh Stn Execs meeting the next Tuesday...

But as I said to my fellow Club members, well, if you're going to make a reputation for yourself, you may as well do it spectacularly!

Anyone else want to admit an embarrassing incident, prang or other???