PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlink Pilot strike balot
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 09:18
Rude Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with SRT on this. Every wally who has handed over thousands for a type rating has contributed to the general dog show that is now the pilot job market. Companies know that pilots will do anything to get anywhere near a nice shiny aeroplane that goes fast and makes cool noises. What do you think they're going to do with that on their side?

I'm a link driver and I'm happy. The only thing that really troubles me on most days is the sound of whining pilots going on about how bad their lives are at link. The thing is, every one of us knows what we're getting into when we accept the job. The terms and conditions of employment are quite clearly stated in the employment contract and to the best of my knowledge everybody gets the agreed amount on time every month. There are shortcomings in certain areas; whether this is unique to link is another question. In my personal experience I have found that addressing the issue in a mature manner using the correct channels usually does the trick, but then again I'm probably not a particularly demanding individual. A little bit of give and take does go a long way.

One of the things I've learnt since joining link is the extremely contagious nature of negativity. It spreads like a fart in a lift and everybody gets it. If people are so unhappy then why don't they move on to greener pastures?