PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL at 40 ?
Thread: CPL at 40 ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 08:10
starsnskies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL at 40 ?

Hello,

I wish to become a pilot - first step being getting enrolled into one of the flying schools out of India. After some mining in the internet I kinda infer that the premier schools in India are IGRUA and NFTI. Also found GATI intresting.

I am a mechanical engineer by graduation and now working in the telecom industry. Also an aviation enthusiast, now thinking of securing a CPL from one of the institutes above. Any inputs on the private owned flying clubs in India with respect to their costs/facilities/alumini/placements etc. is welcome.

Another point which I am seeking input is... Is it recommended to make a career shift now from telecom to aviation industry at the age of 38 ? It would take another 1.5 years to complete the course, hopefully secure the CPL and I would be almost reaching 40. Does any of the scheduled airline in India/Aborad would welcome a candidate who is closing in 40 with a CPL.

The age barrier question has been asked in the PPrUne forums before but the views expressed there are mostly from enthusiasts abroad, where most of the recommend/view that age is not much of a factor. I am looking for the scenario which is currently forecasted for Indian skies for the next couple of years.

Appreciate your expert inputs.

Thanks,
starsNskies