PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security Screening of Passengers
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2002, 12:36
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While going through the machine at YBBN a few months back I was asked to open my carry on because of scissors.

Well ok sez I, a little perplexed, as I wasn't carrying anything I would describe as 'scissors'.

The offending item, which was removed and deposited in the bin, was a pair of 2 inch nasal hair clippers with rounded ends!

My argument that they were designed to be shoved up your nose without bringing tears to your eyes and therefore how much damage did he think I could do with them brought forward the expected parrot response.

In a moment of uncharacteristic restraint I managed to refrain from suggesting he keep my toothbrush as well as I know exactly how to use that, unmodified in any way, to kill someone if the moods strikes!!

Like North America we are lumbered with the dregs of the gene pool mindlessly following stupid procedures laid down by beaurocrats with very little idea how to really stop what they are all terrified of.

It's all about the public's perception of increased security and that is ALL.

But hell...I suppose we can all rest easy in the knowledge that if a domestic aircraft we are on is hijaked, and we are going to have to fight these bastards for our lives, we can delete nasal hair clippers off the list of expected armament we are likely to face.

Chuck