PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA in trouble?
Thread: AA in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2011, 22:49
ready eddy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'I have yet to see a passenger make it from point A to point B because a ticket agent or a baggage handler or a mechanic carried him. Like it or not the revenue generators for any airline are sitting at the pointy end. And while they maybe "average" they are the reason the shiny tube like things get airborne, remain airborne and land, safely, thousands of times a day everyday .'

I Beg to disagree with this point, pilots are not the 'sole' revenue generators for an airline as the above post alludes to. If mechanics/engineers do not provide safe serviceable aircraft for pilots to fly, then there is no revenue generated. If cleaners don't clean the aircraft, pax will not fly with the airline -no revenue generated. If baggage handlers do not load bags, again pax will not fly with said airline - no revenue generated. I could go on and on with examples here, but the point I am trying to make is that pilots are the final piece of the puzzle that enables pax to fly from A to B, but all the pieces are required to complete the puzzle. An airline cannot exist/operate/generate revenue unless all of the individual departments do their job!