PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible to retain a Class 1 after a brain tumour?
Old 4th Oct 2011, 19:08
vfrrider481

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bugger,

Restart the driving/nppl clock folks.

Just had a few episodes with flashing lights at the periphery of my vision. 9 months into an enforced abstenance from driving and thus NPPL, they count as seizures and so the DVLA restart the 12 month clock again! The DSVLA issue delays the driving licence with a direct knock on for the NPPL.

Given the events of the last 9 months, cruel would be an understatement.

Anyhow, I am now an expert on public transport and hoping to get airborne again soon with a flying instructor.

Having completed the Great North Run for charity, I am looking to find a new challenge in hovering a helicopter. Onwards and literally upwards as they say.

Bugger and several expletives that could not be repeated on here. As an aside, the consultants have beed slow in formulating their report for the CAA, and this probably won't help.
so commercial flying looks highly unlikely now.

Never mind, hope all those that have followed my fortunes are well and always remain positive. Adversity is after all only a word, it'speople who make the future into history.

Plan B is however looking more hopeful as I am part way through an access to medicine course and applying for medicine at university to start 2012.

VFR

Last edited by vfrrider481; 4th Oct 2011 at 19:11. Reason: typo