PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAUTION: Free Online Banking Security Software
Old 4th Oct 2011, 16:48
vulcanised

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A cut & paste of a very recent post on AV forums:-

PC was working fine until I was searching for a program. Came across Trusteer in the "all programs", and decided to try opening the console to see what it was. It would not respond, so I closed it down. Since then the PC cannot access the internet, Explorer will not even open and Safari just keeps trying to load. Also it has blocked the Control Panel, so I cannot get to uninstall software.

Now it says its not running, but a look at Resource Monitor show two files running. Choosing to end process gives an access denied message. So I cannot remove it from my PC (turns out the wife installed it because Barclays wanted her to). IMHO this appears to have taken over the PC, so is Trusteer Rapport the new Mozarts Ghost? Certainly I feel like it was written by Cathedral. I've emailed their so called customer support, but nothing, nada, zilch

Could I get rid of this by deleting all the program files, the Windows 32 driver, and removing entries in the Registry under HKEY CURRENT USER - software, trusteer rapport? Or wait is that Jeremy Northam at the door, suppressed Glock in hand?

The official website is slient on removing the software kelsurpeeze! Any ideas on how to rid this PC pest?