PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2011, 07:47
Roger-Wilco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike_Ox - I would remove your background information - it can be used to identify you. It was interesting to read it though, you sound very active!

More importantly, it's interesting you have just recieved an invite to the COMPASS testing as I thought that round had finished already - perhaps not enough people made the mark so they've had to invite more?? Best of luck to you though!! Moreover, I'm aware of 2 people who have already been invited to the 2nd part of phase 2 at OAA....I'm jealous for sure, but good luck to them!!

As for the funding, I think you'll find most (i.e. 90%) will rely on BBVA finance either as secured on a UK property or as BA acting as guarantor. There is a lot on Youtube (interviews, a day in the life of...etc) for the questions you have asked. From what I have gathered in this respect, it is very hard work, a lot of sacrifice and doesnt recieve the respect due; yet all have said they would make the same decision to become a pilot if they were to go back in time. This is enough to reassure me.

Camillefly99 - I am afraid im one of those people who "truly irritate" you. I went to boarding school in the middle of nowhere, then to University, then to a job working abroad with no GA.

All of which either didnt allow the time, the funding, or the access required to go flying. But let me assure you, I am just as passionate as the next person and I have always endevoured to remain as close to aviation as possible.
Camillefly99 - you mention "your friend", did you not make it to the 1st stage assesment then? Perhaps your passion was lacking?

Last edited by Roger-Wilco; 4th Oct 2011 at 08:03.