PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex opens up SYD-NTL route: The end for Aeropelican?
Old 4th Oct 2011, 04:31
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that I would know more about it than most, so your opinion is probably very limited in sources, however you are entitled to it none the less.

Your quote was correct but let me underline the word "...some management are approachable" this was said with the view to them being reasonable in expected outcomes and rational middle ground results. Many have found that management have authoritarian and harsh treatment of the people they require to be team players! Ironic to say the least, fuelling the low moral and fanning the flames of resignations!

I do not need to debate facts with you, but do like a vigorous debate every now and then, but agree that as this is a public discussion forum, comments by some will be out of left field, but still may hold truth and should not be scorned unless clearly wrong.

And yes, your correct, you would be a complete noob to suggest 100% of people in ANY organisation were not effective in their role or good for the business; The CAVEAT to that is usually the upper powers that be, can have major deficiencies in their character/view/liason skills and this has shown on many occasions in the proverbial ****e rolling down the hill with how they treat people, lack of resources, pay, timeoff, workload etc etc.

Also, don’t forget, that management pilots forgoe the EBA in place for remuneration and whatever package they receive/negotiate. But they choose that, and so have no regard for the EBA. Hence can ****e on Pilots conditions as much as they want because it really does not effect them greatly.

Thus one would have to draw the conclusion that the attrition rate is a culmination of conditions and suggests problems in upper management in keeping qualified and decent staff. Nuf said permanently.

Back on topic part two: Did anyone find the jepp amendment a little strange with regards to the miltary bases?