PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a U.S Army Helicopter Pilot
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2011, 01:14
bdale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Becoming a U.S Army Helicopter Pilot

Hello,

I have searched the forums, but no thread seems to hit the nail on the head for what I want to know about.

I am a senior in High School and my dream is to be a army helicopter pilot and eventually a civilian chopper pilot. I am considering the University of Montana, University of Colorado at Boulder, University of North Dakota and possibly Embry-Riddle Prescott for their Helicopter Pilot program. I would be doing a non-scholarship ROTC at all. My question is, what is the most sensible way to become a Army helicopter pilot? Warrent Officer school after college? ROTC, then apply for flight school?

Does anyone have any experience with the University of North Dakota's helicopter program for non-scholarship ROTC students? Is Embry-Riddle's Helicopter Pilot program worth it? How is placement in flight school upon graduation from any above listed university? Would getting all of my ratings before graduation help with selection?

FYI, I already have my PPL fixed and I should have my PPL rotor add-on by the spring.

Thank You,

Brady