PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 23:13
tigger2k8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wondering if all the development with the dept area is now complete? has o'briens and boots been renovated? and has anything happened to the intl dept pier? last time i was down thetr it looked very tired.
i only ask because i have not used the airport in almost a year as i travel more from the city now as a find it an easier airport to use and i have had to follow bmi baby down to fly on their routes which makes me wonder why all of the routes lots by them hasnt been taken over by a different airline (i know easyjet has took on manchester)
I think the Cafe in arrivals is next. O'Briens moved out back when they reconfigured the security area. Boots was made to leave and Superdrug moved in located beside WHSmith.

Only thing thats changed in the intl pier is the old soft fabric seats are now metal.. but that probably happened more than a year ago.

Quite a few repairs happening to 17/35 and the taxiways. Apron + runways repainted. Work on the apron drainage is supposed to continue soon. Most of the money being spent is now in areas passengers wont see or even think about

edit - quite difficult to attract new airlines on domestic routes from here. EZY picked what i believe is the most popular route lost when WW moved. BHX, EMA and CWL, i believe the demand is covered enough by whats already available.