PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA use Show Cause on own FOI
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 23:11
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correction: I think you will find it was the 23rd anniversary in September 2011?
Oops, my mistake. My how time has flown!

Re write of the CARs commenced in September 1988, a process I understand that took New Zealand and Canada approximately five years.
It was suggested some time ago on good authority that the cost of Regulatory reform has exceeded $150 million.
I am sure that flyingfiend and clinton would find this to be a fine example of 'worlds best practise' ?? I wonder if detailed and documented receipts have been kept for the past 23 years?
As a reminder of 'times gone by', here are some of historys defining moments from the year that was, 1988:
  • Margaret Thatcher becomes longest-serving British Prime Minister this century.
  • Movies - Disney releases the live-action feature film Good Morning, Vietnam. Also released was Rainman and Crocodile Dundee 2.
  • Music - George Michael, Guns n Roses and Chicago had hits.
  • Experimental airplane Voyager, piloted by Dick Rutan and Jeana. Yeager, completes first nonstop, round-the-world flight without refuelling.
  • George H.W. Bush Senior was still Vice President, Bob Hawke was Australian Prime Minister and Gorbachev was Russian Prime Minister.
  • United Airlines Boeing 747SP circles world in 36 hours 54 minutes 15 seconds.
  • The Democrat-controlled United States House of Representatives rejects President Ronald Reagan's request for $36.25 million to support the Nicaraguan Contras.
  • During a live TV broadcast, televangelist Jimmy Swaggart confesses to an unspecified sin, then announces he would be leaving his ministry for an unspecified length of time.
  • The British pound note ceases to be legal tender, replaced by one-pound coin.
  • NASA reports accelerated breakdown of ozone layer by chlorofluorocarbons.
  • Apple Computer files a copyright infringement suit against Microsoft, claiming copyright infringement by Windows 2.0 of graphical display technology used in the Macintosh.
  • The Mel Brooks classic ‘History Of The World’ was released.
  • Australia celebrated its bicentennial.
  • Hubble telescope is launched into space and the U.S shuttle program recommences after almost 3 years grounding after the Challenger accident.
  • The Soviet Red Army took a walloping and pulled out of Afghanistan
  • CASA commenced its historical, farcical and comical regs rewrite in 1988.