PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 21:05
spanner the cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirbusChuck

Don't know specifics for 320 but I bid for a block of days off and get a block of days off - generally one a month. Not sure that asking around the 320 guys I know will help as they mostly live in DOH and don't do days off in blocks so they bid differently. Fares are OK and are less than £200 return for business home and economy back. Getting back would certainly be easier to bid for on a wide body (pm me if you want further details)

unlucky

Passports generally stay with you. You will have to hand it in as part of the resident permit (RP) application, but will get it back after - and keep it, until renewing the RP.

F/Os get an apartment (2or 3 bed depending on whether you have family with you - most probably you'll get a 3 anyway at HV if hat's where you end up)

Capts get a villa.

goaround_flaps20

That is the million dollar question. At the moment upgrades do happen on the 777 which, understandably, causes some angst amongst the 320 captains if they've bid for the 777. At the moment it seems to be about 3-4 years after final line check before you're considered but that is possibly coming down (which is what I'm hoping). Not heard of anyone going to the 320 for a command although whatever you are told may be true at the time you are told but can change (investments do go up and down, etc). There are also total hours / widebody experience / time on type requirements plus sim and line check marks which get considered.

Hope that all helps

Spanner

Last edited by spanner the cat; 3rd Oct 2011 at 21:25.