PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amusing Ebay Advert
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 15:05
ANW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And conversely I have a Mensa-level IQ and an Oxford degree, and I can barely change my own tyres and certainly shouldn't be let loose trying to do anything technical to an aircraft...
Juno78 you have hit the nail on the head !!!

You see the person involved is just the opposite. He is a current EASA 145 licensed engineer, he also works on and flies PFA metal/plastic/wood aircraft and is a PFA (okay LAA if you must) inspector of same and has been for many decades. Very nice guy.

IO540, the location for that aeroplane is indeed City Airport Manchester Barton. Where fuel went up by 9 ppl last week to pay the footballers' wages, now £2.27 inc. VAT for one litre Avgas. Barton is still maintenance free since July 31st when the last lease holder pulled out, as it was not commercially viable. The latest rumour indicates that the organisation interested in taking it on, has now had a major re-think.

And to be honest if they had done it themselves it would be a big tick in my book because its obviously had someone that is that way inclined giving it TLC.
Another nail hit by mad jock !

Anyway, we are picking over a silly advert written by a person with poor grammar, and I very much doubt he or his fellow pilots actually changed the engine themselves
IO540 - wrong yet again. I know. You don't. And they did use licensed premises, before you ask.