PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 13:06
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Machinbird

So incapacitation could have caused an inadvertent input of NOSE UP, which he was pulling anyway? With a marked addition of increase AoA of the Tab, it could easily have been overloaded. Mind you, with VooDoo, we have a prior event, and I take your point. Down to metal fatigue, I'd say that it is likelier that the pilot was fine until the Tab let go. If the Tail was that asym, then a large instability enters in Roll. Also Yaw.

Again, the tab may have led to control input that was not ideal, and who would know just how much of what to input into a broken Tail? The Tailwheel lost its retention somewhere just here, prior to the climb, so it is logical to predict the highest g happened in this roll/reversal sequence.

If the remaining tab was not sufficient to keep the elevators down, they went up (asymmetrically), and could have been an additive input that was responsible for the proposed blackout.

Leeward would have instinctively wanted to climb, besides its the rule, so the 80 degree Pitch Up might have been caused by the pilot afterall?

I am not trying to draw conclusions, perhaps I'll attempt to present things a bit more tentatively.

I draw attention to the pre event G to set the stage for a loss of consciousness with a quick transient, not to establish earlier gloc.

The circulatory system makes accomodations for aging, and it is not conducive to high g manuevering, no matter the musculature. Not sure hypertension applies here. With a fit pump, muscle tone and BMI are important. Your graph tells the story.