PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support for Qantas Staff
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 11:51
clotted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSD, you are very aggressive for a BSD.
When you board a Qantas flight, you expect a Qantas pilot
Qantas is in overdrive on spin. There is no need for you and AIPA to follow them.
How can a Joe Public such as myself come to grips with the fact that you reckon that if you have a white aircraft with a red tail and a white rat that you reckon it should be a Qantas pilot (which I fully support) but on the other hand you also reckon that the pilot of a silver and orange aircraft should be a Qantas pilot and the pilot of a red/green/blue/yellow 747 freighter registered in the US should be a Qantas pilot as should the pilot of a B717 flying in WA should be a Qantas pilot as should the pilot of a Network aircraft (whatever their colour scheme is)?
I know that you and others say that adjustments can be made by Qantas to get around this but how does that promote your cause if Qantas plays your game and makes those adjustments to get around your parameters? My questions are, why should they have to and how does it guarantee your job security if they do as you suggest to get around your demands? Surely that gets you back to where you are today? Meaning that Qantas continues to use all legal means available to it to run its business the way it sees fit which in turn means that your ability to move to higher ranks and on to bigger aircraft which means more money for you is not in the same time frame as you saw it or see it. Welcome to the world. Names like Pacific Dunlop/Bluescope/Oz Mitsubishi/Vegemite/Edgells/Fletcher Jones/Streets/Kelloggs/BHP/Arnotts/Greece/Ireland/Portugal/Spain are just a few to come to mind where employees or residents have had their career dreams shattered by corporate decisions.