PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 08:36
The Vicar of Bray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice about just being yourself but a word of warning, don't get to comfortable either. I did the interview and was myself, gave scenarios about situations I have been in and the way I dealt with issues and it seems like I came out as being confrontational, or having a confrontational personality and that is the furthest thing from my personality. After completing the interview, and after being myself and not arrogant or nervous in anyway, also feeling quite confident that I did well and was totally honest, I didn't make it pass the interview. The moral of the story is, as much as you have to be yourself, don't get to comfortable and always remember that they are looking for a specific answer. Being truthful and over relaxed could hurt you in their interview. Seems like you have to tell them what they want to hear and not what you actually did in a situation even if what you did was the appropriate and correct thing to do in the situation that you were in. If it doesn't fit into the QR culture or the way they do things, it will come back to bite you.