PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic restrictions 2012
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 07:58
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended a meeting recently at Oxford where the mantra was "business as usual." After a frankly nauseating video of Olympic construction, a cringe making speach from one of the officials and various people telling us how proud they were we got down to the nitty gritty.

It seems business as usual doesn't include AOC or private helicopter operations, when I commented that with the restricrtions it wouldn't be business as usual for me, in fact it could be commercial curtains I was frankly told that was the way it was going to be.

I don't expect help from the CAA, but I believe that the BHA should have come out fighting from the start, instead I've been told "the subtle approach is more effective" by one council member.

Frankly F*** them and their F***ing Olympics. I'm more worried about surviving the recession with business intact, the Olympics is just one more huge hurdle in the way of that.

The BHA have gladly taken the membership fees for years, now they should really go into battle for the industry, lets face it, if the industry shrinks due to problems caused by this event then it may struggle to justify the salaries at Fairoaks, and the council will have been shown to be gutless.