PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 23:36
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle

What I am trying to say is that Pilot A has to at some point enroute to his destination have to transit from IFR back to VFR.
He can only enter his destination airport under visual flight rules.
He cannot make that descent in cloud to become VMC under a safe predetermined safe route ie a STAR but has to make that descent not knowing at what altitude he will break out into VMC or if he breaks out what cloud or visibility will be below him!
he will not even know in his descent whether legal VFR conditions lie below him.
You are expecting him to transfer to VFR when he has no clue whether VFR conditions exist.
It is very clear! What are EASA telling such a pilot to do in such a circumstance or are they saying it is his problem?
They are saying he must have VFR conditions at his destination for an hour after his arrival time but that is weather at his destination not his descent point so almost irrelevant to him.
Ok this may only apply to busier airports as the obvious would be to fly from that point at MSA to the destination overhead where weather is accurate and spiral down for a visual circuit.
Are EASA saying he is banned from larger busier airports?
I cannot see what is not clear to you?
He is not making a home made approach into a UK VFR airport but into airspace he is not allowed to enter in cloud at any point and following VFR visual routes he may not see.

Pace