PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 21:05
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dublinpilot, if you take a look at the NPA, you'll find a good description of the destination and alternate aerodrome forecast requirements for the EIR. There are also much clearer statements concerning acceptance of IFR clearances than hitherto.
I've now gone through the entire NPA, skipping stuff solely about the sailplane cloud rateing and skipping the LO's.

The only paragraph that I've come across about the above is the one that I quoted earlier...ie
In order to comply with FCL.825 (a)(2), the holder of an EIR should not commence or continue a flight during which it is intended to exercise the privileges of the rating unless the forecast for the destination or alternate aerodrome one hour before and one hour after the planned time of arrival indicates VMC.
Is that what you refer to when you said
Of note is that the previously perceived 'dangerous' elements of the EIR, namely the IFR-to-VFR transition and the rather imprecise 'reasonable expectation' of VMC at destination have now been addressed satisfactorily, although further refinement will follow the NPA response.
If it's something else you might do me the curtiousy of tell me what it is your refer to so I don't have to read it a second time and guess again