PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 15:05
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
Bollox is self evidently bollox. How do I dig out a reference for it being bollox?
Perhaps by stating that the item of bolleaux is not an FAA requirement for the IR (you would need to quote the specific AIM ref.), so there is no logical justification for it to be included in any EASA version?

Firstly my reading says to me that an EIR holder can plan to an airport with marginal conditions and see what it's like when they get there, if they have an alternate which is in forecast VMC +/-1 hour.
No. Both the destination and alternate aerodromes must meet ICAO VFR criteria for ± 1 hr of planned ETA. So at an airport with a Class D CTR, you would need 5km vis and to remain 1000ft vertically and 1500m horizontally clear of cloud, but at Little Piddle on the Gusset aerodrome in Class G airspace, perhaps without even an ATZ, at or below 140KIAS and 3000ft amsl you would need to be clear of cloud and in sight of the surface with only 1500m in-flight visibility.

SVFR adds further confusion as it has different meanings in different nations. So perhaps best just to leave it out of EIR discussions?