PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 14:06
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infrequentflyer789

You're not wrong, and I know what you're saying. For the moment, consider that the Pilot flying after a/p loss was working his theory "I think we have some crazy speed.."

Repeating how the aircraft behaves with its trim doesn't help an understanding.

From the releases and FDR data, we believe the a/c was NOT oversped, and all the UP elevator was the pilot's.

He made a mistake. A mistake he appears to have held on to for the rest of the flight. We know this because at the very last, when the Captain tells him "Climb", he says "But I have held back stick for some time."

You want to go straight to "What Morons"? Feel free, but the a/c is part of the crash, and how she gets along with her crew is (seems) to be the cause of this crash.

More important is what caused the PF to believe the a/c was fast. Guessing won't do, and chiding a dead man solves nothing.

FYI. The 54 seconds of STALL annunciation comes from the DFDR. Call me old fashioned, but until I hear it on the CVR I consider the jury to be OUT.
No offense, but proof is needed.

We know that the a/c recovers from STALL with elevators DOWN and full UP THS. So if the elevators are effective, why did someone decide that on the way up, Trim was necessary? And should be Auto?