PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Staff travel the worst?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 13:39
jetsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel CX Staff travel the worst?

Of the major airlines, is CX THE WORST.. I fly on BA, AF, EK, TG and lately EY (Etihad). Without exception, I am treated better and with more respect on these than CX ( LHR prob an exception in recent past at least but going downhill). Eg. Imagine the skipper leaving his seat once he realised a staff on board and directed senior p to upgrade (AF).
BA apologised for not upgrading me and in flight gave me Two bottles of champagne..
EK in HKG ( excellent on phone) gave me a ghost boarding pass to stay airside in DXB for next flight. Of course they have airside staff counter. Try that HKG with CX!
EK at a European airport gave me a boarding pass straight away and a dummy for DXB even both flights 'Full'. Second sector thro BKK (more full it seemed) but when I enquired if I would risk being offloaded in BKK they were surprised and said 'we would never do that to staff! See CX policy on that!
EY very helpful on phone and accepted zed to diff place and diff airline (EK) ticket. Pass issued straight away.. Free transport AUH TO DXB to catch EK flight..

The attitude towards staff comes down from the top (middle top) so need more to be said in the case of CX?

Another subject.. One world and Z fares from Oct 1 are up 20%.

Along with all other similar fare increases in Hkg, we are suffering like any ware else but are we likely to see similar Inc in pay? Of course in BA own staff don't pay these rates like in CX and can also buy sub loads for friends and family.

I have to buy my grown up kids tickets from commercial websites as CX won 't allow more than two in addition to spouse and I keep the parents on that list.

Staff sub loads are not only a no cost to CX but actually are a profit centre putting ticket cost, tax and fuel surcharges into empty seats - heaven forbid helping staff as well.

Again, this vindictive jobs worth attitude is hopefully something our new more wordily wise CEO will stamp out..

There are two expat manager leaving parties I would def attend!