PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSA Overtime at PC
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2011, 23:04
Ceannairceach
Disappointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RS, I agree with you about PCS. But instead of people complaining about them, now is the time to act.

If you're not happy with the way your reps represent you then replace them with those that will carry forward your collective objectives.

Any union will only ever be as effective as it's membership and it's will.

For me PCS seem to sweat and take issue with the small, local, stuff whilst quite happily taking the management line on the bigger and some would argue, more important issues - when the reverse should be true.

Senior ATSA PCS reps have always had an element of self service about them; a look at what happened to those ex-MACC reps who negotiated lovely redundancy packages for themselves whilst leaving their colleagues moving to PC with pretty much nothing in the form of union support illustrates that perfectly.

Ultimately though, unless those of you that are unhappy with your union colleagues do something about it, in the form of putting your heads above the parapet and committing time and effort to your union, then I'm afraid you RS, and your colleagues shoulder an equal amount of the blame for the current malaise as those with their objectives wrong, as you put it.

Out of interest will you be putting yourself forward as a union rep RS, next time the ballots do the rounds on the unit?