PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying over square
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2011, 17:36
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Jaba,
Your assumption that I need full fine to rectify my approaches is way off.
I have no problems with my students being shown this as a way to get their approach back to where it should be if required as long as they do it gently. Yeah, getting the approach right in the first place is preferable, but that doesn't always happen.

This is in addition to CAR 138;
The PIC of the aircraft must comply with a requirement, procedure, instruction or limitation concerning the operation of the aircraft that is set out in the manual.

S8,
Same, definitely didn't "shove" my IGSO-480s into full fine, and definitely no argument that some aircraft flight manuals spec less than max pitch for landing.

If so, they will be operated in this way, but in clarification, I was against the apparent generalisation that all aircraft should be operated in this way (again, feel free to correct me if this is wrong). If a commercial operator has to use the flight manual, why should a private pilot be taught not to?

I'm sure everyone is aware of the liability implications involved with this mentality. I respect and am an avid fan of people like Deakin, but this one's a bit different.