PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G Tolerance
Thread: G Tolerance
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2011, 14:16
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extra question - Use of Land Flap on Touch & Goes

Hi everyone,

To add to the discussion of the use and trianing of the AH. Please bear in mind that my instructors are RAF, so I may be being taught slightly differently to you guys in civvy clubs! For instance I am taught the Emergency Break - not sure what Civvy instructors call it, but I know it does not appear in my civvy manuals!

I am taught teh L-A-I workschedule so obviously the AH comes into that. I do indeed use the AH in steep turns to GLANCE at to check teh AoB. At this stage, I do it to get into my head just what is 45' and 60', obviously, as my proficiency improves, I will use it less (as I am doing with the RPM, as I am getting used to teh sound of the engine). For instance, I do not check teh AH when banking 15 or 30'...think my instructor would frown upon that at this stage! I knoow its all about looking outside the aircraft and visual attitude.

I think, as one of you said, covering up teh instruments when I get more advanced would possibly be a good idea, and I will suggest it to my instructor.

P-MONKE - i admit firstly that I don't know a thing about Glider flying, but wouldn't seeing how steep turns are flown in a glider confuse me for powered flight? Having said that of course, we do also have a Gliding Club on Station and I would indeed like to have a go at a glider at some point for the experience!!

Another twist to this, what are your thoughts on the use of full flap to take off when on a touch and go??? I'll see what you think then tell you what I have been told...