PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2011, 09:39
ayebmi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, something leads me to believe that Kittiwake works for regional then, lol. I'd like to question your assessment of mainline as a 'basket case' with 'overheads throught the roof' well actually, our overall crew costs and operating budget are pretty low when compared to e.g. BA, it has been regularly cited recently that the problem with mainline isn't high operating costs but poor yields and revenue, quite simply there are not enough bums on seats and they're not paying enough.

In reference to the new aircraft for Regional, I sincerely hope they are for you as the existing fleet is aged and although expected and tolerated by Regional passengers, when presented to LHR passengers is a total embarassment and sure to kill off a route. There is a perception of the ERJ's coming to the company's rescue at LHR and holding up routes that can't sustain an airbus, however this ONLY works for a very limited period as presented with a knackered and claustrophobic ERJ passengers run straight to the oposition the next time they fly that route. E170/190/195 would be perfect for some of our routes from LHR at the moment, just a shame we can't have some yesterday, Regional deserve new aircraft!