PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support for Qantas Staff
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2011, 00:50
C441

Received 117 Likes on 47 Posts
Dutchy beat me to it but anyway.....

I fly Qantas on a regular basis.
Thank you. Loyal Qantas staff do sincerely appreciate that. We cannot keep the airline going without the support of people like you.

I flew internationally the other day and noticed all the pilots except the Captain had those hideous ties (they really don't suit the uniform).
Some crew are unable to participate in the PIA (and thus wearing of ties and being included in the PA) for various reasons not limited to non-membership of AIPA, managerial pilots, unable to vote in the PIA ballot due to any number of reasons or simply do not support the PIA.

Strangely, the ties get a generally positive response if any. I've told a few times by other staff and passengers that the whole 'normal' uniform is old fashioned and the tie is a breath of fresh air!

There was no "AIPA" PA made on this flight - which was nice for a change as it is becoming old.
For that reason you may find on your next flight that it has changed content and intent.

The other day the CPT did the PA during decent. I thought they're supposed to do it after docking at the gate?
There is no specific time to do it. It is just done at an 'appropriate time'.

Last edited by C441; 1st Oct 2011 at 00:53. Reason: Dutchy types faster than me.