PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support for Qantas Staff
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2011, 22:16
E&H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re #20 Arnold E...seems reasonable to me.

I see on this mornings news the pollies are seeking a pay rise that would see their wages doubling...nice if you can get it...but it puts paid to all the CEOs and Government ministers out there who ask us all to show wage restraint in these difficult times (which seem to have been happening since I started work in 1979) and then turn around and receive a 50-100% pay increase...as for not expecting a guarantee for a committment from the company that your job is secure I think that is a reasonable ask from the staff of Qantas...after all unlike the pollies they don't recieve a lifetime pension in the form of a very lucrative superannuation scheme once we have dismissed them...you could argue these points all day however I will say again that I don't believe what the staff of Qantas are bargaining/stopping work for is unreasonable...Qantas has had plenty of notice.

What if one of these CEOs turned around and said something like "I value this brand, this company, these people and where it came from and from whose shoulders we now stand on...so I am going to do everything in my power to make it work...and if we all pull together we can make it work"...

That's whats missing today...no can do, no let's roll up our sleeves and make this work...

"Work is only opportunity dressed in overalls"

Nah sorry...I'm dreaming...however look at what Rob Fyfe has achieved during his tenure with Air New Zealand...it is possible.

Your comments sound reasonable to me Arnold E...the rubbish coming from Qantas management sounds like what it is...spin

I don't work for Qantas and I don't work in Australia