PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WA Air Operator sues CASA and Officials
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2011, 20:57
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Clinton, I had more respect for you:

Are you suggesting that any Civil Aviation Regulations, Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, or amendments to either of them, are not endorsed by the Minister or, by implication, by the parliament through a decision not to disallow them?

Are you suggesting that the current state of the current regulations is as a consequence of successive governments being unable to see through smoke and mirrors?
You know perfectly well that Ministers do nothing without ADVICE they will do absolutely nothing at all.

CASA or its predecessors must have advised the Minister to make the rules and regulations in exactly the form that they are, otherwise they would not have been made. There is no one else who could have or would have advised the Minister without first seeking CASA's advice on whether it believed they were to CASAs liking. I write this as someone who did a little work in the public service and I know what I am talking about.

Regarding my post regarding the helicopter incident, I stand by my unimpeachable source and what they said. You will have to take my word for it.