PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support for Qantas Staff
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2011, 12:25
Trent 972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arnold, I wish you all the best with your PIA.
My union and your union are quite different. I really don't care much for the TWU as you would no doubt ignore the AIPA.
My union has so far made a concious decision to not carry out any actions that will delay Qantas customers.
As for slinging my own bags, rarely ever check in a hold stow bag nowadays. Had it lost too many times in the past. However if I did then that's what you get paid to do.
I'm not better, just different.
and for Ken B, you don't need kevlar, and a full face helmet won't cover the d!ck on you head.
edit
I would like to add that I do have respect for the Bag Snatchers, the Cabin Cleaners, the Check-In staff and especially the Engineers, everyone except for the Drongo Management fools who it seems are hell bent on destroying Qantas. I just think that we are seperate groups, no better or no worse than each other, and we are certainly not an 'Unholy Alliance' as Ken halfwit B says. There is no alliance that I know of, rather that Qantas Mismanagement have abused the Fair Work act and delayed and lied until all the groups contracts ran out and have been forced into PIA to secure our jobs.
It's an Airline, it's QANTAS, it's more than just a brand.

Last edited by Trent 972; 30th Sep 2011 at 12:50.