PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2011, 20:05
andrew1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have heard that the clearance of the old hangers and land at the end of the western apron is to begin shortly to make new stands and possibility of the walkway being extended even further.
Anybody have any more info on this?
Also anybody any ideas of when this hotel is ment to start being built?
WATABENCH

I tend to look at the North Somerset Planning portal to keep upto date with the planning applications the airport has in place at present!

Regarding the Western Apron extension the airport has advised the council they plan to do this is two phases, so 3 new west facing nose in stands, opposite the current stands 31 to 33 with a taxiway in between! There were some environmental issues which I believe have been resolved, so I think its just a case of the council giving it the rubber stamp! Phase 2 I believe will be 3 new north facing nose in stands behind the new west facing ones! I don't think at this stage there is any mention of extending the Western Walkway as I believe this is part of the long awaited judicial review outcome on the airports expansions plans!

Regarding the Hotel, the airport has been making some material changes to the Hotel which have to approved by the council before work can commence, but I don't think it will be too long before this takes place!

andrew1968