PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2011, 20:00
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel

In a recent local media interview CEO Robert Sinclair said the hotel 'was going through the final planning stages and we are hopeful that construction will start in the next few months'.

The airport is talking with hotel operators and hopes to open the 250-room hotel by spring 2013.

Planning permission was given by the local authority at the beginning of this year so it seems the planning stages mentioned relates to final design.

I seem to remember the hotel planning application was separate from the major expansion planning application.

Last year the local authority gave outline planning consent for the major expansion but within this are specific or reserved matters that must be applied for individually when specific detail has been decided on.

But before all that the judicial review application into the local authority's grant of outline planning permission has to be decided.

The last I heard was that the judge had rejected the written JR submission as showing no grounds for it to proceed, but the applicants then asked for an oral application. I don't know how that is progressing.

A 380

The 380 currently visiting Filton certainly did a flypast of BRS this afternoon - I saw it. It's done this sort of thing before when in the area on Filton visits.

birdscarer seems to be suggesting it did two flypasts today.