PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible to stall an Airbus fly-by -wire aircraft in Normal Law ?
Old 29th Sep 2011, 17:16
italia458

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm somewhat butting in here but I'm extremely surprised at the lack of knowledge of pilots who are flying these Airbus airplanes. I personally don't fly Airbus (my dad did) but I'm an instructor pilot and the lack of understanding of the aircraft systems in my mind is a serious issue. Why haven't you figured out the aircraft systems while in ground school? Shouldn't these types of questions be sorted before being allowed to fly on the line? This lack of understanding of aircraft systems seems to be a major cause to the AF accident. If your passengers were reading this I don't think they would want to stay on your airplane. I'm seeing a decline in the quality of pilots that are completing the training courses these days and it's quite disconcerting.

It's not just the person who started the thread but all the people responding. Why can't someone respond with a reference to an Airbus document? People are just throwing in their own experience without answering the question, regardless of how vague it is.

EDIT: If you're going to tell me I forgot to see the FCOM reference two posts above, you're missing the point.