PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2011, 15:40
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The video shows a sudden and extreme G whilst the a/c is wings vertical,
and while horizontal flight path is evident, the G is experienced 90 degrees out of phase, relative to path vector. It is at this time the T/W starts to come out. So I think it important to consider that the G loads were not consistent, they were experienced in rolling, yawing aspect, not just in "Climb". They also differed in Negative/Positive direction. It also would support some uncommonly high G values.

I think the camera is a constant, it shows no vibration, and the lighting, while variable, cannot account for the Torsional fuselage movement v/v the wings, and there is evidence of sudden and out of rig airframe displacement. As a/c is rolling out to Right, Note both elevators in extreme ND. This is either the result of dramatic aspect increase to the airstream via pilot input, or the result of exposure to dramatic airflow over the top of the HS, resulting from sudden NOSE DOWN. It is too rapid for Pilot input, so I think the latter. Bear in mind, that if the control surfaces are being back driven to this extent, continuity with the stick may have been lost. As the STALL is recovered, the elevators go neutral, then deflect up, again from airflow, not PILOT, resulting from the climb. As speed is lost, the controls seek neutral, and the aspect becomes gentle, as if the pilot were in control.

Last edited by Lyman; 29th Sep 2011 at 15:57.