PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA response time to complaint?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2011, 23:48
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
In my humble line of self-employment (a joy to no longer work for a multi-national!) I often have to give more time (i.e. money) and other things to my clients. Just today, I had a client say, "I didn't expect you to spend so much time on this." That is because I work on a flat fee per commission. The more time I put into it - the less money I make. On paper. One of the ways I know I am doing soemthing right is the level of repeat business that I get and the times that clients will even wait for me to come back from holiday. (If you knew my business, you would find out how VERY unusual that is, though I say it myself)

I have worked in service industries all my working life, some 34 years. Before that, I worked behind the counter at a department store on Saturdays and holidays for my last couple of years of schooling. So I am predisposed to the old adage, "look after the customer - and the customer will look after you." I know that is not always the case, of course. Nowadays many people will just push each and every supplier to deliver the most (which is given in the hope of more business) and then they shove off to the next supplier and pull the same trick again. I've had it happen to me when I was a telecomms consultant.

BUT, overall, customers prefer to stay with one brand. Since the last recession, many companies in the Western world have focused ONLY on the bottom line. Understandable but that's not what doing business with humans is all about.