PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS to take over spanish ATC?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2011, 19:05
Daermon ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit of context to this...

We have general elections on november 20th. The currently ruling party is expected to get their worst results ever giving absolute mayority to the conservative party, PP.
The current opposition has repeatedly said that they find it a shame that valuable state property is auctioned in a hot sale two months before the responsible for the spanish atc situation must go and with the spanish legislative (congress and senate) alredy dissolved.

Personally I'm convinced that if the situation was the opposite they would do exactly the same. Also that their interest in stopping the sale on which I'm sure that a lot of government's cronies are going to get a profit is just in order to get their own friends on the budget.

And meanwhile our dear minister of public works stating that there should be low-cost airports like there are low-cost airlines... he wasn't stupid enough to name which ones, though... some reflexes before elections at least.

Do you honestly believe that the service quality will raise as a result of this? If I am correctly informed, those airports in UK where Ferrovial has had its hand have experienced a sharp decline in customer satisfaction.

In any case, we shall see.

By the way, a spanish proverb says: "otros vendrán que bueno me harán" meaning that those coming after me will make my deeds seem very positive.