PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible to stall an Airbus fly-by -wire aircraft in Normal Law ?
Old 28th Sep 2011, 17:40
A-3TWENTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody answered or understood the original question.

The question was actually not very clear.

Supose you are taking off and suddenlly your speed (CApt and FO) goes to 400 Kts.It means you had an ADR 1 and 2 disagreement but since they agree between them , the ADR3 was rejected.So you`ll keep NORMAL LAW.

The high speed proteccion will be activated pulling the nose up to reduce the speed from 400 kts .
Remember that you are taking off , 300 ft , maintaining FLAPS 2. So your real speed is not much higher than 160 kts.

. There will be a conflict here of overspeeding proteccion with stall proteccion.

The original question was:

Can I override the high speed proteccion to avoid the stall?And by the way , which proteccion has precedance?

I got the question , but I don`t know it for sure. I was told once , that in this case your only chance is to immediatelly turn off ADR1 and 2 because in this case you will have a 2 ADR failure , you will go to ALTN LAW and then you can fly the airplane acording to your convenience.

Remember that in ALTN 2 you only have load factor prot.

My 2 cents

A3TWENTY