PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Older pilots....
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2011, 12:55
LATINWING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
old age

to all the young pilots out there,..
It is the first time I write on the forum; because this is non-sense to denigrate older pilots.
I have flown and went in approx 30 countries and I had in my career 5 engine out on singles, one engine out on a twin, a transmission out on a single, almost lost a blade on a 205, and many other things in 40 years of flying, no crash except the transmission out for which I survived. I know how to navigate without a GPS in the Artic or in the deep jungle or in the desert or over the water, I know how to stay cool in a emergency and act rapidely because of my experience, I know how to not put myself in trouble, I know when to say NO to my boss or my client, I know my limits in the bad weather, I know a lots of things that , yessss it take 40 years to learn and yet I donīt know all.
Do you young guys out there know that much; so please donīt tell us that at 60 years of age we need to get out of this business or we donīt have sufficient reflex to react or else.
On the contrary; the industry should be glad to use us, because at the end they can send us to any job and the boss do not ear a damn thing about us.
As far as I am concern, the only thing that should stop us older guys to fly is in fact or medical and nothing esle.
Cheers all