PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skills test tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2011, 19:20
Claverley04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with yours benppl and Grob Queen.
On reflection I found my skills test to be much more demanding than my driving test (which was about 17 yrs ago now), however I definately agree with what a lot of people say on this forum in as much as a flight examiner ultimately does want you to pass. You cant say this about a driving examiner (in my humble opinion).

Therefore unless you drop a big clanger or forget something very important you will get 'prompts' from your flight examiner during the skills test if you mess a few things up and a chance to rectify them.

My examiner was a thoroughly decent guy, who I am sure would have failed me if he found I could not fly, navigate and communicate safely.
I suppose the other comfort you should take into your skills test is that your instructer does know your abilities (or lack of!) better than you do, so if he has put you forward then you are almost certainly good enough to pass.

So if you are about to do your skills test, remember your examiner wants you to pass and your instructer already knows your good enough, so so should you.

On a slighty different note, is it me being tight or do the CAA seem to want to extort money out of us at every turn? £180.00 just to issue a PPL, I cant imagine the cost of admin plus printing the license plus reasonable profit would be a fraction of that in reality.