PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2011, 18:43
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Classic Alouette

Thanks for that Wigan. Keep posting any additional info you have on interesting Scottish copters from times past.

SE3130 Alouette II G-AVEE at Plymouth Roborough Airport on 28th May 1967 (Photo: Chris England)

Another fabulous image from the celebrated Air-Britain photographer Chris England (Chris - thanks for the many permissions you've given to post on PPRuNe ) seen here at Plymouth's Roborough Airport in 1967. At the time AVEE was registered to RBA Helicopters of Reading, Berkshire.

I'm not entirely sure but ... I think this was the craft used during the production of the 60's series 'The Prisoner'. The Prisoner was first broadcast on 29th September 1967 so the timeline fits (just) presuming they conducted filming earlier the same year.

G-AVEE (to be confirmed) during the filming of The Prisoner which starred Patrick McGoohan who is seen above (right)

From RBA AVEE was sold to Gregorious (Air Gregory) and then to Medminster (the same company Ahh de Havilland mentioned on the previous page in relation to another Alouette II G-BBJE).

I do miss the days of hearing the wonderful acoustics of the Artouste spooling into life .. simply delightful!