PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestige Jet- All Merged Threads
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2011, 13:29
KangarooFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the Matter at Hand...

your slating of a company that you obviously know very little about.

All in all, you have no first hand experience as to what working for Al Jaber is like and are therefore unqualified to pass judgement in my opinion.

I don't recall anybody making any comments about "what working for Al Jaber is like" in this thread - except for the author of the above statement. Three things were stated:

1. Al Jaber has seemingly spent millions on branding and advertising yet some posters on this forum blame Prestige Jet for Al Jaber's disappointing sales results and suggest that Prestige Jet employees should walk off their jobs in deference to Al Jaber employees. There was a retort to the effect that, if Al Jaber is having difficulty competing with Prestige Jet's reputation and service levels, maybe Al Jaber ought to look inward about what to do differently. Sort of snide, but arguably justified and certainly not anything about "what working for Al Jaber is like."

2. There have been employees (at least the one referred in this thread) who have gone from Prestige Jet to Al Jaber and then eventually returned to Prestige Jet. Nobody said anything other than that this doesn't look good all around: "what does that tell you? Not necessarily anything positive about Prestige Jet, but certainly nothing good about Al Jaber or the market conditions here." Apparently, saying "nothing good about Al Jaber" - along with saying nothing good about Prestige Jet or about the market as a whole - was extrapolated into saying something bad about Al Jaber.

3. As Al Jaber allegedly had what has later been described as a one-day bankruptcy, sackings and re-hiring - reportedly including Mark Pierotti - the question was asked if they are operating and where is Dr. Pierotti? Seems like a fair question, in light of such reports.

The only person who posted anything about "what working for Al Jaber is like" in this thread is the one who, ironically, is accusing others of "slating" the company. This person, in his zeal to defend Al Jaber, posted a pejorative comment about Al Jaber's payment history which was then picked up and contested by the above posting by crotchrocket.

For my part, I expressed my appreciation in response to being invited to go see Al Jaber. I would hope that this thread returns to dealing with the issues surrounding Prestige Jet, namely paying employees promptly and in full, honoring court orders to pay former employees holding valid judgments, and compliance with safety regulations.

Last edited by KangarooFlyer; 27th Sep 2011 at 13:46.