PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Distance Learning: Pointers Appreciated.
Old 26th Sep 2011, 22:14
clearpr0p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Distance Learning: Pointers Appreciated.

Hi all,

I have 2 questions would greatly appreciate any pointers on:

1) To distance learn or full time groundschool? I know this is a tough one as how does one compare without having done both-unlikely. I guess the question should be are there any DLs out there who could share their experiences- In hindsight would you have gone full time or were you satisfied with the support, the materials received, and pleased with your exam results?

*Am still in the process of organising funds but want to keep the momentum going until I sort out the finances which is why the distance learning (full time) seems like a reasonable option to save some money and ensure I use my time productively.

2) Oxford Versus Bristol?
Again appreciate unlikely anyone has gone to both. I've seen older threads circa 2009 heaping praise on Bristol. Can anyone give me an idea regarding their recent experiences in 2012. Am particularly interested to hear from any OAA DL chaps, in particular, as an OAA DL
-did you receive the same materials/handouts/study & revision aids as the full time groundschool people?
-Did the Oxcel/CBT/Scheduler help plan your daily work routine effectively?---Were you guys happy with the quality of service you received and your exam performance?

Thanks very much for any pointers all