PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training at Liverpool
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2011, 13:47
JessA2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ravenair PPL Liverpool

Darren and Josh are willing to bend over backward for you which is great when you love flying as much as i do..
yep, flew with Darren a few times and was very reassured being with him, learnt a lot.

My mate has now joined me over at merseyflight from Ravenair as he said they were disorganised....
I went in the opposite direction over to Ravenair, is nice to actually get pre and post briefs and training handouts something that never happened at merseyflight, not been disorganised so far but I guess time will tell.

Main reason for swapping was partly on recommendation from past student that passed in min hours but mostly on cost difference, I was paying £135 an hour at mersey flight vs now I'm only paying £96 at Ravenair, on a 10 hr block that was near £400 a go and thus £1755 over priced on my whole PPL.

I also found out that landing fees at Liverpool are only £15.40 vs the £20 merseyflight told me and charged, so all in all with the other free thing like membership I was going to be paying £2000 more with Merseyflight.

Having different type of aircraft is def a good thing, I asked about the cessna at merseyflight but I was told I should just stick with the PA38, did have to swap around a bit as they often broke down, multiple things not working etc. While there are more important things than ravenairs nice clean and new painted aircraft what is good is I've not had one PA38 so far with anything not in perfect working order at Ravenair.

The place next door was helpfull and as welcoming as mf but nearly just as expensive.

Jess ))